FMCSA Monthly Clearinghouse Summary Report
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse conducts a monthly summary report that shows compliance levels. These reports are posted to the website the 15th every month with previous month’s data.
Some highlight’s from the November 2020 Report are listed below.
- 10,000 employers registered from October to November. Of those, 6,000 were linked to an FMCSA portal account.
- 300 new Consortium/Third-Party Administrators (C/TPAs) registered.
- 20 new Medical Review Officers (MROs) registered.
- Approximately 600,000 reports were ordered. Of those, 420,000 being annual queries.
- Over 50,000 violations have been reported thus far. Half of these have been attributed to pre-employment drug & alcohol testing.
- 82% of the violations were for positive drug test results.
There has been a steady increase each month in all areas of the report. The December 2020 report will be published on January 15, 2021. It will be interesting to see how these numbers change with the end of year requirements being due.
The deadline for conducting annual limited queries, as required by FMCSA through the Clearinghouse, is rapidly approaching. All motor carriers that utilize CDL drivers must submit their request for a limited query by midnight, January 5, 2021.