California Air Resources Board Extends One-Time Reporting Deadline
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has extended it’s Large Entity One-Time Reporting deadline from April 1, 2021 to May 1, 2021.
CARB adopted a regulation in June 2020 that requires a one-time reporting for entities that operate or dispatch vehicles with a manufacture’s gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 8,500 pounds of any fuel-type or for any usage. Entities that meet any of the following from 2019 will be required to complete the reporting:
- Had gross annual revenues greater than $50 million in the United States for the 2019 tax year, including revenue from subsidiaries, subdivisions, or branches, and had one or more vehicles under common ownership or control that were operated in California in 2019; or
- Any fleet owner in the 2019 calendar year that had 50 or more vehicles under common ownership or control; or
- Any broker or entity that dispatched 50 or more vehicles brought into or throughout California, in the 2019 calendar year; or
- Any federal government agency that one or more vehicles that were operated in California in 2019.
Reporting is not required for the following:
- K-12 school bus fleets
- Transit vehicles
- Military tactical vehicles
- Vehicles awaiting sale
- Emergency vehicles defined in section 2012(c) of the regulation.
Large Entity One-Time Reporting can be done electronically, here.